The Community Foundation holds a variety of scholarship funds and new as of 2021–students only have to complete one application to be considered for multiple scholarship opportunities.
Based on the applicant’s responses to a set of standard questions, CFMV’s system will determine for which scholarships the applicant is eligible. The applicant will be immediately notified of which scholarships they will be considered for, and may be prompted to provide additional information necessary for certain opportunities. This will dramatically cut down the time students spend completing forms and ensure they are being considered for all opportunities for which they are eligible.
*Award and declination notifications will be provided to applicants by the end of June 2022.
Scholarships are available for students meeting a variety of different criteria. All Mahoning Valley students are encouraged to apply to ensure they do not miss out on scholarship awards. Please click each dropdown below for a full list of scholarships included in this process.
Awarded annually to a woman attending or planning to attend Youngstown State University, Eastern Gateway Community College, or Kent State University’s regional campuses.
Awarded to employees or family members of employees of Copeland Oaks or Crandall Medical Center. Established in memory of Jerry Collins.
Awarded to high school seniors who have participated in the Mahoning County Equine 4-H program for at least one year within the last five years.
Awarded to students studying Natural Resources, Interpretation, Environmental Education, Parks & Recreation, and/or Environmental Studies. Established in memory of Melinda “Mindy” Henning.
Available to graduating seniors attending Warren G Harding High School in Warren, Ohio.
Available to graduating seniors attending a high school in Trumbull County, that demonstrate financial need and that rank in the second 10% of their class or equivalent.
Awarded to students who are participants in MyPath (formerly MVCAP) programming or advising.
Awarded to assist students who have Type I insulin dependent diabetes.
The Association offers scholarships to both graduating seniors of Trumbull County public high schools that will major in education and graduates of Trumbull County public high schools that attend Kent State studying education.
Awarded to Trumbull County residents pursuing a health or medical-related degree or certification – including, but not limited to, those in nursing, behavioral health and public health – from an accredited institution.
Awarded to graduating seniors of Warren G. Harding High School in Warren, Ohio.
Warren City Schools Foundation Sub Funds:
- WCSF-Dr. Edward C. Miner Sr. Scholarship: Awarded to students graduating from Warren City School District with preference given to those attending a public higher education institution.
- WCSF- C. Robert Wyndham and Fred Kubli, Jr. Scholarship: Awarded to students who reside in property owned or operated by the Trumbull Metropolitan Housing Authority
- WCSF- Carl and Barbara Ann Zoba Scholarship: Awarded to women who have been successful in completing high school while overcoming serious difficulties that have affected their educational program, demonstrating ability and commitment to further their education. The scholarship was founded by David Zoba (HOF class of 2007) and Joy Mistele, to honor their mother, Barbara Ann Zoba.
- WCSF- Dr. John and Mary Alice Vlad Scholarship: Awarded to students who demonstrate excellence in scholarship, music and athletics. John and Mary Alice graduated from WGH in 1952. They both graduated from Hiram College. John graduated from the Ohio State University Medical School; Mary Alice was a teacher for several years.
- WCSF- Frank Bubba Scholarship: Awarded to a senior basketball player. This scholarship was established in memory of the long-time Warren City Schools teacher and basketball coach upon his death in 2002.
- WCSF- Harold B. Cassidy and Maryellen Cassidy Scholarship: Awarded to students that demonstrate academic achievement, with priority given to those with financial need.
- WCSF- John Pogue Student of Promise Scholarship: Awarded to graduating seniors of Warren G. Harding High School in Warren, Ohio.
- WCSF- Russ-Brown Scholarship: Awarded to graduating seniors of Warren G. Harding High School in Warren, Ohio.
- WCSF- The Candea-Faroga Scholarship: Awarded to graduating seniors of Warren G. Harding High School in Warren, Ohio.
Awarded to student athletes that play football or volleyball at Canfield High School or football at Austintown Fitch High School.
Awarded to Mahoning County students graduating high school that have shown scholastic achievement and demonstrate financial need.
Awarded to Mahoning Valley college students pursuing nursing degrees.