The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley is an Ohio not-for-profit corporation, incorporated for the benefit of the citizens of Mahoning and Trumbull Counties.
The Foundation’s Institutional Membership is comprised of local trust companies, ensuring that all assets of the community are managed in the community for the benefit of the community by a group of community volunteers who are well versed in effective, strategic fund management. Along with a board of directors consisting of well-known and influential Valley leaders, the Foundation’s two-county footprint and operating practices are designed to ensure that the intentions of our donors are firmly imprinted in our Valley for perpetuity.
Philanthropic Distinction: A Higher Standard
The National Standards Seal by our name indicates official confirmation from the Council on Foundations that we have met the most rigorous standards in philanthropy, and places the Foundation in our nation’s top philanthropic tier. We are proud to be the first and only community foundation serving the Mahoning and Shenango Valleys to achieve this very prestigious distinction.
The seal affirms our commitment to financial security, transparency and accountability. It says our grantmaking includes an open, competitive process designed to address the changing needs of our community. The National Standards Seal also confirms our history of honoring donors’ wishes, whatever their philanthropic intent might be.
It is our belief that strong community partners support strong community partners, and we are pleased to hold memberships in several organizations serving the Valley. CFMV is a member of Philanthropy Ohio, the Better Business Bureau of Mahoning Valley, the Regional Chamber and the Fund for our Economic Future. Foundation board, staff and volunteers serve on boards of numerous valley-based organizations.
A contribution to The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley provides a variety of benefits to donors, whatever their philanthropic objective.
Peace of Mind
- The Foundation’s stewardship ensures that your charitable intentions are met and administered according to your wishes, for generations to come, even when community needs and organizations change.
- Our professional staff will help define your preferences. Grant administration is provided and grant applicants are identified, investigated and monitored ensuring compliance with donor intent.
- The Foundation will work with your investment advisor, tax advisor and attorney to ensure that investments are managed well, your gift meets IRS criteria and your fund is administered as you intended, complying with all applicable law.
Save Time and Money
- Receive favorable treatment of cash gifts, closely held stock or real estate with no excise tax.
- Avoid the costs of incorporation, audit, tax filings and administrative costs associated with private foundations.
- Experience personalized service to meet your unique needs.
Enjoy the Flexibility of Philanthropic Giving
You may opt to make outright or planned gifts during your lifetime, bequests, memorials or donations of sympathy or respect. Many options provide opportunities to fulfill your intent now and into the future.
The Foundation accepts gifts of cash, stock, real estate, business income and retirement assets. By working with your attorney or financial advisor, we can develop a giving plan that works for you. To learn more or for a full copy of the Community Foundation’s Gift Acceptance Policy, contact us at 330.743.5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.