Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life.
To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley, we declare that all donors have these rights.
- 1. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- 2. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- 3. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- 4. To receive prompt acknowledgment and appropriate recognition for all gifts.
- 5. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- 6. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- 7. To be provided with disclosure of all significant parties involved with The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley.
- 8. To be assured that The Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley will not share mailing lists with any other entity.
- 9. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.